Horsford Primary School is a Voluntary Aided Church of England School. This means that, in addition to teaching Religious Education in accordance with the Norfolk Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education, we have to ensure that our school has a distinctively Christian ethos. We use the PATHS scheme to help teachers to plan P.S.H.E. sessions appropriate to the needs of their own classes.
In our school:
- We celebrate everyone's God-given talents in day-to-day school life with positive praise, sticker rewards and class celebrations.
- We regularly select individual children for recognition in our weekly "Awe and Wonder" worships.
- We offer the opportunity for everyone in our school community to reflect on Christian values in our daily act of collective worship.
- There are quiet yet stimulating areas throughout for individual thought and small discussion.
- We help our children to become familiar with Anglican traditions and biblical stories with our weekly visit from the "Open the Book" team.
- Our Reverend Margaret McPhee also comes to lead a collective worship every two weeks.
- We offer the opportunity for children to engage in, and lead, prayer with a daily prayer before lunch and during worship time.
- Our behaviour policy is based upon the Christian values of truthfulness, kindness, respect and forgiveness.
- We encourage everyone in our school to be forgiving and constructive.